All residents living on-campus, with the exception of those living in the Buccaneer Ridge Apartments, will be part of a residential dining experience through the 7-Day Anytime Silver Dining Plan. Residents living on-campus for at least four semesters can request to change to the 5-Day Anytime or 15 Meal Limited Dining Plan, or may decline a plan. Residents of Buccaneer Ridge Apartments and commuters may opt into any of the Dining/Block Plans.
We have meal plans available to all students on and off campus, as well as faculty and staff meal plans.
All students will receive information regarding Meal Plans via their ETSU email. Information will be posted on the housing website at www.etsu.edu/housing. All students may sign up for meal plans at https://etsu-residence.symplicity.com. Faculty and Staff members can sign up for a plan at the dining hall cash register.
Students will have the fee for their meal plan placed on their student Goldlink account (like tuition and fees). Faculty and Staff may pay or their meal plan upfront, or request payroll deduction.
A “Meal” is a single swipe to enter the dining hall or the Tree House for breakfast, lunch, and dinner or at selected other times.
Guest meals function exactly like a regular meal at the student’s discretion. In most instances, guest meals are used to treat visiting friends and family to a meal in the dining hall.
All of your meal plan information is placed on your student ID card and must be presented at each dining location where your meal plan or dining dollars are used. There is no worry of carrying cash around campus!
- Students may change their Anytime Dining Plan to another Anytime Plan with no penalties before the second day of class by sending an email from your ETSU email account to email@example.com. The last day to change for fall is August 23, 2021 and for spring is January 18, 2022.
- Students not required to have an Anytime Dining Plan may request to change their Anytime Dining Plan to a Block Plan for the fall and spring semesters with no penalties by sending an email from their ETSU email account to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2021 for fall and by January 13, 2022 for spring.
- Students may request to cancel a Non-Residential/Commuter Anytime Dining Plan for fall and spring semesters in writing by sending an email from their ETSU email account to email@example.com by July 31, 2021. Students who purchased a plan for Spring 2022 only, may request to cancel by January 13, 2022.
- Cancelling this Agreement after July 31, 2021 or January 13, 2022, will require an appeal with the ETSU Housing and Dining Appeals Committee. You are fully obligated for your Dining Plan Agreement, unless and until, you are released from the Dining Plan Agreement by the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Failure to utilize your Dining Plan is not justification to cancel the plan. Students who cancel or are released from a Non-Residential/Commuter Agreement will receive dining plan refunds according to the University Refund Policy.
- Block dining plans beginning in the fall are a two-semester agreement, if enrolled for spring. Students may request to change their Block Dining Plan to a different Block Plan or an Anytime Dining Plan for the fall and spring semesters with no penalties by sending an email from their ETSU email account to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2021 for fall semester and January 13, 2022 for spring. Students who purchased a plan for Spring 2022 only, may request to change by January 13, 2022.
- Students may request to cancel a Non-Residential/Commuter Block Meal Plan for fall and spring semesters in writing by sending an email from their ETSU email account to email@example.com by July 31, 2021. Students who purchased a plan for Spring 2022 only, may request to cancel by January 13, 2022.
- Block Plans are sold on behalf of Sodexo and are non-cancellable, non-transferrable, and non-refundable after July 31, 2021 for fall and January 13, 2022 for spring.
Each meal swipe must be used in the dining hall or at the Tree House.
You may obtain the information at any cash register in our dining locations or you can login to the ETSU ID Services webpage.
Unused dining dollars at the end of fall semester rolls forward to the spring semester; however, unused dining dollars at the end of the spring semester are forfeited.
7 days a week during operating hours at the Dining Hall, or the Tree House during the academic year with some restrictions at selected holidays and breaks
Each meal swipe may be used in the Dining Hall or at the Tree House.
Anytime Dining Meal Plans may be used at the Treehouse Takeout, but swipes are not unlimited. If a meal plan is used at the Treehouse, that meal plan may not be used at the Dining Hall or Treehouse until the next meal period begins. If a meal plan is used at the Dining Hall, that meal plan may not be used at the Treehouse until 2 hours have passed. This policy is to ensure that Anytime Meal Plans are being used for only one student.
Students with special dietary needs or food allergies are encouraged to meet directly with Dining Services staff to discuss and prepare a plan to meet your needs. Our Registered Dietician, can be reached at Jordyn.Jarvis@sodexo.com
Students will have the ability to buy additional dining dollars throughout the semester by visiting our website at etsu.sodexomyway.com and clicking on the Shop Now tab.
Yes, there will be service available, but with limited options and hours. Please visit our website to view special hours throughout the year.
A student who is ill may arrange to have a meal prepared for them and picked up by a roommate or friend from dining services. Just contact us at (423) 439-4389.